Monthly Power Trading Results of November 2022
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 6 December 2022
- A total volume of 51.2 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in November 2022 (November 2021: 52.9 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 39,324.7 GWh (November 2021: 41,792.9 GWh).
- The GB half-hourly Day-Ahead auction followed up on its record from the previous month and reached a new all-time high, with 683.7 GWh traded.
- The Polish Day-Ahead market registered a growth of 19.8% on year.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 11,898.6 GWh was traded (November 2021: 11,123.2 GWh).
- Just like the previous month, the Dutch and French Intraday continuous markets registered new monthly records with 838.7 GWh and 1,279.3 GWh respectively.
- The Belgian Intraday continuous market grew by 95.9% on year.
In November 2022, EPEX SPOT introduced Block and Smart Block Orders for trading on the GB coupled Intraday auctions. Furthermore, the Exchange announced a cooperation with Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, St.Gallisch-Appenzellische Kraftwerke AG and CKW AG on the European Horizon project ENFLATE. In addition to this, the parties involved in the Single Intraday Coupling project announced the successful go-live of the so-called fourth wave, integrating Greece and Slovakia.
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
In November, EPEX SPOT welcomed BOHR ENERGIE SAS, GREEN-ACCESS SNC, IREN ENERGIA SpA, Quent ApS and YUSO BV as new members to the Exchange.