Monthly Power Trading Results of February 2023
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 2 March 2023
- A total volume of 52.7 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in February 2023 (February 2022: 49.5 TWh). This represents an increase of 4% on year.
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 40,042.8 GWh (February 2022: 38,931.7 GWh).
- Volume on the Danish and Dutch Day-Ahead auctions grew by 15% and 47% respectively.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 12,663.9 GWh was traded (February 2022: 10,613.7 GWh). This represents an increase of +20% on year.
- The Intraday auction in Austria reached a new record volume of 18.6 GWh.
In February 2023, 45.8 GWh were traded on the monthly auction for Guarantees of Origin. Furthermore, the Exchange published its response to the EU consultation on the future Electricity Market Design.
More details on volumes and prices are available here. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
In February, EPEX SPOT welcomed Energie Südbayern GmbH, Entelios AG, Iqony GmbH, in.power Trading GmbH, PetroChina International (London) Co. Limited and STEAG Power GmbH as new members to the Exchange.