Monthly Power Trading Results of December 2022
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 4 January 2023
- A total volume of 55.0 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in December 2022 (December 2021: 56.5 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 42,048.3 GWh (December 2021: 45,458.8 GWh).
- The traded volume of the GB 30 minute auction grew by 12.4% on year.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 12,917.0 GWh was traded (December 2021: 11,050.0 GWh). This represents an increase of +17.4% on year and is a new monthly record.
- The continuous segment of Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France and Great Britain reached an all-time high in December 2022.
In December 2022, EPEX SPOT announced that it was the first Power Exchange to have joined the RECS Energy Certificate Association. Furthermore, the partners BSP SouthPool, ELES, EMS, EPEX SPOT and SEEPEX founded the Alpine-Adriatic Danube Power Exchange ADEX – the first regional power exchange for Central and South-Eastern Europe. Furthermore, EPEX SPOT and EEX jointly published a policy paper outlining the guiding principles of the upcoming EU market reform: collaboration, transparency and investment.
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
In December, EPEX SPOT welcomed ACT Commodities B.V., Impuls Energy Trading GmbH, Newatt S.r.l., Paddington Power Limited, Sors Markets Czech s.r.o and team energie GmbH & Co. KG, as new members to the Exchange.