New members join Supervisory Board of EPEX SPOT
Paris, 17 December 2015 – The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT today announces the arrival of three new members at its Supervisory Board. The new members reflect the enlarged structure and scope of EPEX SPOT as the power spot exchange for Central West Europe, the UK and beyond.
The following representatives of the European energy sector will join the Supervisory Board of EPEX SPOT:
- Mag. Thomas Karall, Chief Financial Officer of Austrian Power Grid,
- Chris Peeters, Chief Executive Officer of Elia Group, and
- Dr. Jörg Spicker, Head of Market Operations and Member of the Executive Board of Swissgrid.
- Dr. Hans-Jürgen Brick, Managing Director Commercial at Amprion,
- Ulf Heitmüller, Director Business Unit Trading of EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg and Member of the Supervisory Board of EEX,
- Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Lawyer and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of EEX; Chairman,
- Mel Kroon, CEO of TenneT Holding,
- Dr. Egbert Laege, CEO of Powernext and Member of the Executive Board of EEX,
- Peter Reitz, CEO of EEX and ECC,
- Hans E. Schweickardt, Member of the Supervisory Board of Polenergia Holding,
- Jonas Törnquist, Head of Economics and Regulation at EDF, and
- Jean Verseille, Director of European Affairs at RTE.
Amprion, Austrian Power Grid and Swissgrid recently became shareholders of HGRT, the transmission system operator (TSO) holding owning 49% of EPEX SPOT shares. The ownership of EPEX SPOT is balanced between TSOs and its roots as exchange (51% held by EEX Group, part of Deutsche Börse).
EPEX SPOT and Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Chairman of the EPEX SPOT Supervisory Board, welcome the new board members and are pleased to gain additional expertise from European TSOs in the Supervisory Board. They further acknowledge their gratitude to departing members Pierre Bornard from RTE, Daniel Dobbeni from Elia and Ben Voorhorst from TenneT for their outstanding contribution and wish them all the best for the future.
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT SE and its affiliates APX and Belpex operate organised short-term electricity markets for Germany, France, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg; markets representing 50% of European electricity consumption. Striving for the well-functioning European single market for electricity, EPEX SPOT shares its expertise with partners across the continent and beyond. EPEX SPOT is a European company (Societas Europaea) in corporate structure and staff, based in Paris with offices or affiliates in Amsterdam, Bern, Brussels, Leipzig, London and Vienna. More than 280 companies have traded 513 TWh of electricity on EPEX SPOT and its affiliates until 30 November 2015. EPEX SPOT is held by EEX Group, part of Deutsche Börse, and HGRT, a holding of European electricity transmission system operators. For more information, please visit www.epexspot.com.