Monthly Power Trading Results of March 2022
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 5 April 2022.
- A total volume of 51.6 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in March 2022 (March 2021: 55.1 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 40,827.4 GWh (March 2021: 44,601.6 GWh).
- Volume on the Swedish Day-Ahead auction grew by +199% on year and reached 2,052.2 GWh (March 2021: 686.9 GWh).
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 10,739.4 GWh was traded (March 2021: 10,447.4 GWh).
- The Norwegian and Swedish Intraday continuous volume grew by +217% and +165% on year reaching 50.8 GWh and 104.4GWh respectively.
- The Austrian, Belgian and Dutch Intraday auctions reached a monthly trading record.
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report from page 4. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business : For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
To access the detailed power trading results, please click here.
In March, EPEX SPOT welcomed COUNT Westgass AS and Power Trading Management A/S as new members of the Exchange.