Monthly Power Trading Results of June 2023
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 6 July 2023
- A total volume of 57.7 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in June 2023 (June 2022: 49.9 TWh). This represents an overall increase of 15,8% on year.
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 44,057.7 GWh (June 2022: 39,443.8 GWh).
- The German, Polish and Swiss Day-Ahead markets registered new monthly records with 21,708.0 GWh, 252,5 GWh and 2,441.7 GWh traded respectively.
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 13,624.3 GWh was traded (June 2022: 10,489.7 GWh). This represents an increase of 30,0% on year.
- The following Intraday markets reached a new record traded volume on either the auction or continuous segment: The Netherlands (auction) and Poland (continuous).
In June 2023, 925.5 GWh were traded on the monthly auction for Guarantees of Origin, also a new record. Furthermore, the connection between the EPEX Localflex Dutch market and the GOPACS platform went live effectively on 27 June 2023, with BCI (Brainchild Commodity Intelligence) as first exchange member to complete a transaction.
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report from page 4. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business: For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
In June, EPEX SPOT welcomed Caely Renewables B.V., Société d'Approvisionnement et de Vente d'Energies S.A.S. (S.A.V.E.), and TenneT TSO B.V. as new members to the Exchange.
The European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT SE and its affiliates operate physical short-term electricity markets in Central Western Europe, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the Nordics and in Poland. Furthermore, EPEX SPOT newly offers local flexibility markets solution and Guarantees of Origin auctions, to foster the integration of renewable energy sources and to enhance the engagement of consumers and producers in the power market. As part of EEX Group, a group of companies serving international commodity markets, EPEX SPOT is committed to the creation of a pan-European power market. Over 300 members trade electricity on EPEX SPOT. 49% of its equity is held by HGRT, a holding of transmission system operators.
For more information, please visit www.epexspot.com.