Monthly Power Trading Results of January 2022
Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Brussels / London / Paris / Vienna, 2 February 2022.
- A total volume of 54.3 TWh was traded on EPEX SPOT markets in January 2022 (January 2021: 53.8 TWh).
- Power trading on the Day-Ahead markets on EPEX SPOT accounted for 42,983.5 GWh (January 2021: 43,556.8 GWh).
- The Belgian Day-Ahead auction registered a new monthly record with 2,187.8 GWh traded (January 2021: 1,698.6 GWh).
- The Danish Day-Ahead market grew +255% on year and reached 1,040.2 GWh (January 2021: 292.8 GWh).
- On the EPEX SPOT Intraday markets, a total volume of 11,317.0 GWh was traded (January 2021: 10,278.0 GWh), this represents an all time record.
- The Austrian Intraday market reached a new trading record on the continuous, with a total of 432.4 GWh traded (January 2021: 337.0 GWh).
More details on volumes and prices are available in the enclosed report from page 3. Please note that volumes are calculated by using the common industry standard in electricity and exchange business : For auction trading, the one-sided Market Clearing Volume is listed. For continuous trading, the aggregated sell & buy volume is divided by 2.
To access the detailed power trading results, please click here.
In January, EPEX SPOT welcomed Cobblestone Energy DMCC, Fluid Power Ltd, Ilek SAS, P3P Energy Supply Limited, SMS Energy Services Limited and Trafigura Trading (Europe) sarl as new members of the Exchange.