A Supervisory Board for the European Power Exchange EPEX SPOT
Company implements two-tier governance – Board composed of outstanding actors of the European energy sector19/06/2012
- • Mr Olivier Bloeyaert, Manager Operations and Optimization at Electrabel,
- • Mr Pierre Bornard, Vice President of RTE and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Powernext,
- • Dr. Hans-Jürgen Brick, Managing Director, Commercial at Amprion,
- • Mr Daniel Dobbeni, CEO of Elia and President of Entso-E,
- • Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Of Counsel at Clifford Chance and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of EEX,
- • Mr Mel Kroon, President and CEO of TenneT,
- • Dr. Egbert Läge, Chief Commercial Officer Asset Optimization at E.ON Energy Trading and Member of the Board of Management of E.ON Ruhrgas,
- • Dr. Dirk Mausbeck, Chief Commercial Officer and Member of the Board of Management of EnBW,
- • Mr Peter Reitz, CEO of EEX and ECC,
- • Mr Hans E. Schweickardt, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Alpiq Holding AG,
- • Mr Jonas Törnquist, Head of Economics and Regulation at EDF,
- • and Mr Jean Verseille, Director of European Affairs at RTE.
In its constituent meeting, the Supervisory Board appointed Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg as Chairman and Pierre Bornard as Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
The three members of the Management Board of EPEX SPOT, elected by the Supervisory Board, are:
- • Mr Jean-François Conil-Lacoste, Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EPEX SPOT,
- • Mrs Iris Weidinger, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board and Chief Financial Officer of EPEX SPOT,
- • and Mr Thierry Morello, Chief Operating Officer of EPEX SPOT.
The Supervisory Board will play a key role in representing the stakeholders’ view on the strategy of the company. “We are very honored to work together with these outstanding representatives of the energy sector”, says Jean-François Conil-Lacoste, CEO of EPEX SPOT. “The implementation of a two-tier governance reflects a new step EPEX SPOT is taking to consolidate its growth and will support our work on the integration of the European power market.”
EPEX SPOT SE was managed before by a one-tier corporate governance composed of a Board of Directors and a General Assembly representing the shareholders. With the creation of a separate Supervisory Board, the Exchange takes into account the evolutions of the company, such as the increasing number of staff and of collaborations of European and international scale.
* * *
EPEX SPOT SE operates the power spot markets for France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Day-Ahead and Intraday). Together these countries account for more than one third of the European electricity consumption. EPEX SPOT SE is a European company (Societas Europaea) based in Paris with a branch in Leipzig. 314 TWh have been traded in 2011 on EPEX SPOT SEs power markets. EPEX SPOT SE currently has 201 Exchange Members.
|Press release||140.7 kB|