Exchange members of EPEX SPOT elect new Exchange Council04/06/2012
The Exchange Council represents the interests of the Members of the Exchange and is involved in all relevant decisions concerning the operation of the Exchange. Its missions include in particular the adoption of the Exchange Rules and the Code of Conduct of EPEX SPOT and their amendments. The Exchange Council approves new trading systems as well as new Contracts or Market Areas and approves the appointment of the Head of the Market Surveillance Office.
The Council is composed of at least 16 members, 14 of which are directly elected by the Members of the Exchange. The Members are voting in categories to represent the different sectors adequately within the Exchange Council. The number of seats per category depends on the number of members and volume traded per category. Each category cannot hold more than half of the elected Exchange Council seats.
The vote was held electronically. The results within the categories are as follows:
The group of utilities and trading companies will be represented by:
• Mr Michael Bonde (E.ON Energy Trading SE),
• Mr Paul Dawson (RWE Supply & Trading GmbH),
• Mag. Werner Fleischer (Verbund AG),
• Mr Pierre Guesry (Alpiq AG),
• Dr. Nigel Hawkins (Enel Trade S.p.a.),
• Mr Peter Heydecker (Vitol SA)
• and Dr. Bernhard Walter (EnBW Trading GmbH).
The group of municipal and regional suppliers will be represented by:
• Mr Ralf Henze (Stadtwerke Hannover AG)
• and Dr. Michael Redanz (MVV Trading GmbH).
The group of transmission system operators (TSOs) will be represented by:
• Dr. Dirk Biermann (50Hertz Transmission GmbH)
• and Mr Emanuele Colombo (RTE Transport SA).
The group of bank and financial services provider will be represented by:
• Mr Cédric Le Tallec (Deutsche Bank AG)
• and Mr Brieuc Raskin (Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc).
The group of commercial and industrial consumers will be represented by:
• Mr Pierre Chevalier (DB Energie GmbH).
Dr. Günther Rabensteiner (Verbund AG), the current chairman of the Exchange Council, expressed his thanks to all members of the first Exchange Council for the constructive and trustful cooperation during the creation and the first three years of EPEX SPOT.
At the constitutive meeting on June 20 2012 the new Exchange Council will elect the chairman, the vice-chairmen and the representative of the Clearing Banks. It will also decide on the appointment of several permanent guests.
* * *
EPEX SPOT SE operates the power spot markets for France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Day Ahead and Intraday). Together these countries account for more than one third of the European electricity consumption. EPEX SPOT is a Paris-based company with a branch in Leipzig incorporated in France with rules defined at European level (Societas Europaea). 314 TWh have been traded in 2011 on EPEX SPOTs power markets. EPEX SPOT has currently 200 Exchange Members.
|Press release||137.5 kB|