EPEX SPOT / EEX Power Derivatives: Power Trading Results in June 201204/07/2012
During the same period, the volume in power derivatives trading on EEX Power Derivatives amounted to 83.2 TWh (June 2011: 90.6 TWh).
In June 2012, power trading on the day-ahead auctions on EPEX SPOT accounted for a total of 27,058,048 MWh (June 2011: 22,711,709 MWh) and can be broken down as follows:
|Areas ||Volume MWh ||Volume for the previous year MWh ||Base / peak on a monthly average Euro/MWh (peak excl. weekends)|
|D/A||20,237,640||17,212,491||38.81 / 50.35|
|FR||5,135,380||4,585,681||40.342 / 54.174|
| CH ||1,685,028||913,536||39.31 / 52.06|
|ELIX - European Electricity Index||36.79 / 49.64|
• Germany 1,340,902 MWh (June 2011: 1,149,245 MWh)
• France 159,871 MWh (June 2011: 143,305 MWh)
In June, cross-border trades represented 14 percent of the total Intraday volume.
The volume in power derivatives trading on EEX Power Derivatives amounted to 83.2 TWh in June (June 2011: 90.6 TWh). The total volume includes 1.4 TWh from trading in French Futures. The total derivatives trading volume comprises 45.3 TWh from OTC clearing. On 29 June 2012, the open interest amounted to 504.1 TWh. On the Power Derivatives Market, the base load for the year 2013 was quoted at EUR 48.75 per MWh (Germany) and at EUR 50.25 per MWh (France) on 29 June 2012. The peak load price for the year 2013 amounted to EUR 59.89 per MWh (Germany) and to EUR 63.23 per MWh (France).
EEX Power Derivatives GmbH operates the German and the French Power Derivatives Market and hence occupies a central position in power trading in Continental Europe. Market participants can trade financial settled power futures for Germany (Phelix-Futures) and France (French Futures) as well as options on Phelix Futures. EEX AG holds 80 % of the shares in the company while the French Powernext SA holds the remaining 20 %.
EPEX SPOT SE operates the power spot markets for France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Day Ahead and Intraday). Together these countries account for more than one third of the European electricity consumption. EPEX SPOT SE is a European company (Societas Europaea) based in Paris with a branch in Leipzig. 169.7 TWh have been traded in the first six months of 2012 on EPEX SPOT’s power markets. EPEX SPOT has currently 199 Exchange Members.
Clearing and settlement of all EPEX SPOT and EEX Power Derivatives transactions are provided by European Commodity Clearing AG (ECC) based in Leipzig. ECC is the clearing house of EEX and its partner exchanges.
|Press release||121.9 kB|