EPEX SPOT SE is a company with a two-tier governance system. The shareholders appoint a Supervisory Board, composed of outstanding actors of the European energy sector, which elects the Management Board, approves the strategy and budget of the company and controls the actions of the management. The creation of the Supervisory Board supports EPEX SPOT’s work on the integration of the European power market and takes into account the increasing number of collaborations of European and international scale.
The members of the Supervisory Board are:
- Dr. Hans-Jürgen Brick, Managing Director, Commercial at Amprion,
- Mr Ulf Heitmüller Member of the Supervisory Board of EEX AG, Director Business Unit Trading of EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
- Mag. Thomas Karall, Chief Financial Officer of Austrian Power Grid,
- Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Lawyer and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of EEX, Chairman,
- Mr Mel Kroon, President and CEO of TenneT Holding BV, Deputy Chairman,
- Dr. Egbert Laege, CEO of Powernext SA, Member of the Executive Board of EEX AG
- Mr Chris Peeters, Chief Executive Officer of Elia Group,
- Mr Peter Reitz, CEO of EEX and ECC, Deputy Chairman,
- Mr Hans E. Schweickardt, Member of the Supervisory Board of Polenergia Holding S.àr.l.
- Dr. Jörg Spicker, Head Market and Member of the Executive Board of Swissgrid AG,
- and Mr Jean Verseille, Director of European Affairs at RTE.