EPEX SPOT SE is a company with a two-tier governance system. The shareholders appoint a Supervisory Board, composed of outstanding actors of the European energy sector, which elects the Management Board, approves the strategy and budget of the company and controls the actions of the management. The creation of the Supervisory Board supports EPEX SPOT’s work on the integration of the European power market and takes into account the increasing number of collaborations of European and international scale.
The members of the Supervisory Board are:
- Mr Olivier Bloeyaert, Manager Operations and Optimization at Electrabel,
- Mr Pierre Bornard, Vice President of RTE and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Powernext, Deputy Chairman,
- Dr. Hans-Jürgen Brick, Managing Director, Commercial at Amprion,
- Mr Daniel Dobbeni, CEO of Elia and President of Entso-E,
- Dr. Jürgen Kroneberg, Lawyer and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of EEX, Chairman,
- Mr Mel Kroon, President and CEO of TenneT,
- Dr. Egbert Läge, Chief Commercial Officer Asset Optimization at E.ON Global Commodities and Member of the Board of Management of E.ON Ruhrgas,
- Dr. Dirk Mausbeck, Chief Commercial Officer and Member of the Board of Management of EnBW,
- Mr Peter Reitz, CEO of EEX and ECC,
- Mr Hans E. Schweickardt, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Alpiq Holding AG,
- Mr Jonas Törnquist, Head of Economics and Regulation at EDF,
- and Mr Jean Verseille, Director of European Affairs at RTE.